Benefits ESA reduction

All those comments concerning violence associated with mental illness is discrimination at its worse, debate and highlight your experience of this topic.

Moderator: embleton

embleton
Site Admin

Benefits ESA reduction

Post by embleton » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:21 am

My wife and I have been under considerable psychological distress that has caused both of us a great deal of pain and suffering because she got turned down for personal independence payments on the effective date 24th November 2015. I’ve had to involve psychiatric service for their additional support to myself because of this matter twice since the above date for extended periods, once when I took an overdose. On the second occasion that was yesterday 21st January 2016 I was informed by DWP after I called them because they identified an arrears and possible overpayment in a letter dated 14th January 2015 that stated to contact DWP in 5 days if we hadn’t be advised accordingly concerning the above matter. On contacting DWP debt management, they identified that no overpayment had been recorded against my name and national insurance number. I’m still under enhanced support with psychiatric service, for additional support, so they can take me through this difficult time.

The DWP had the facts that they’d recorded a change in circumstances internally on 24th November 2015; because they continued to pay my claim in full because benefits are paid in arrears I was unsure when this amount would change or amounts concerned so left the matter completely in their hands to advise accordingly, per the facts they held on the DWP system. Contact with the DWP to find out amount concerned of our future payments would be £181.91; £114.85 main component ESA, £36.20 because I’m in the support group, and an enhanced disability premium of £22.60 plus mortgage interest relief of £8.26 on 21st January 2016, but I was not entitled to the couple lower rate of severe disability premium, even though I received disability living allowance at the appropriate rate to qualified for this amount, which is £61.85 and a considerable amount weekly amount that I cannot afford to lose. Three times I queried it at DWP by telephone, and on each occasion was informed that severe disability premium at the lower couple rate was not payable and was only payable if I was single. Effectively because of outgoings we would both be on the street if I didn’t make a quick decision concerning this matter, in due cause.

The amount concerned that is payable if I effectively separate with my wife is £195.16 weekly, and to reduce suffering, pain and continually psychological distress in our marriage and further worst health in the future I have informed my wife to seek alternative accommodation so that we live apart and separate marriage wise accordingly. The DWP have been informed accordingly of this matter by letter on 21st January 2016 per their request when I reported a change of circumstance concerning our relationship and new address of my wife, which is her brother’s address.

embleton
Site Admin

Re: Benefits ESA reduction

Post by embleton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:54 am

Difficult times in relationships happen throughout time, psychological stresses within relationships cause breakups, that is a fact we as a society have to live with all the time. Relationship breakups are very complex, no single matter is the reason for a breakup in a long standing relationship when each party has committed themselves to each other throughout a long period, but for anyone to state that monetary circumstances don’t play a part in maintaining a relationship are kidding themselves, and not really living in the real world. The same is true the other way round, to state that monartary reasons are the only reason for a breakup of a relationship are also kidding themselves.